Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Transition from EMDT Month 11 to Month 12.

What an amazing difference I am noticing in my stress levels moving from month 11 to month 12. I felt so stressed over my AR project in month 11, yet as month 12 is starting, I actually feel like the amount of work I still need to do is possibly greater, but I am not feeling as stressed (at least that is how I feel right now) as I did at any point in month 11. I think most of that stress is stress we put on ourselves, and to that I must remind myself and all who might read this to remember rule #6. Yes the work needs to get done and it needs to be done professionally, but just remember not to take yourself so seriously. Relax, loosen up a bit and have fun with it. This ride we are all on has been long and challenging, but a lot of fun as well. We may be approaching the end of this particular journey, but it doesn't mean we have to stop enjoying it, nor does it mean that a new one doesn't lay ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Good points Karl,

    As we read in the book, it's about changing perspectives. Perhaps after having gone through the whole process you now have a better overview of the entire project. Last month we were probably overwhelmed with the gobs and gobs of information to sort through. By now we know what is important and what is not. Plus we can clearly see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's been great having you as a cohort through this program. Thanks for all of your insights!

    ReplyDelete